Sunday 9 May 2010

Final hours at home

Well, I'm into the final hours at home. A trial-run of packing the bags happened a couple of days ago, and everything (too much everything) is gathered, if not packed into bags. Little sleep was had last night owing to a foolish decision to travel the length of the country (and back) yesterday for a friend's 'significant' birthday party. Now there is a list of chores a yard long to do while Kate is out taking services this morning - and it is raining - hard. Grrr!

An itinerary has been confirmed, so today I head for York, then it will be Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Huntingdon, Bedford, Kings Langley, Denham, Ascot, London, Chatham and Dover before crossing over into France. I'll be staying with friends old and new at each of those places, except for Dover, and I don't know where I'll be staying after that. In France it will be gites d'etape (except for a week part with friends and part in B&B), and (if possible) in Spain it will be a pilgrim 'refugio' most nights.
I feel a lot calmer today than I did a few days ago, though a recce of the climbs on Monday on the way to Manchester has me slightly concerned! Still, if I have to walk from time to time it isn't a disaster, but you will be able to tell from the uploaded maps.

So, off I go to do those chores...

2 comments:

  1. Robert Cooper9 May 2010 at 18:10

    Sun's shining in Thorpe Thewles, David, so hope it is all the way to York - and further! Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget David, even when you are alone there lots of people keeping you in their thoughts.

    ReplyDelete