Monday 24 May 2010

Where in the world is David today? Maisons-Laffitte on the outskirts of Paris

OK, since the title of this post says today, I had better be quick so it is true when I post it.

Instant summary? More unacceptable heat (38C or 100.4F at the max). More un-fun hills (long and steep). After yesterday's run to Amiens, it was hard work, even though I managed to plan quite a lot of climbing out of the day by being careful.

Highlights? Running across the finish of a local cycle race! And meeting Robbie and Jenni Gibson, my hosts for tonight (and tomorrow night, they now learn). They are friends of Kathie and John Lambert and absolute gems.

Tomorrow is to be a rest day. I may go into Paris, but probably by train if I do. I have done 10 travelling days on the trot, and a rest day (there is time in the schedule) is well deserved.

A slightly fuller post will appear in the morning, after some sleep, but for now the pictures have been posted and here is the information on the route du jour.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about yesterday and today. It has given me a longing for France and la region Parisienne. I could suggest many things to do with your day off, but just enjoy Paris and its People.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stonework detail photo at Amiens, David. The thumbnail looks like a bike wheel with its spokes! Robert

    ReplyDelete